An authoritative reference work that makes biographies of prominent Mexican national politicians from the period 1884–1934 available in English.
Here is an authoritative reference work that makes biographies of prominent Mexican national politicians from the period 1884–1934 available in English. Like the author's biographical directory for the years 1935–2009, it draws on many years of research in Mexico and the United States and seeks not only to provide accurate biographical information about each entry but also, where possible and appropriate, to connect these politicians to more recent leadership generations. Thus, Mexican Political Biographies, 1884-1934 not only is a useful historical source but also provides additional information on the family backgrounds of many contemporary figures.
The work includes those figures who have held specific posts at the national level or who have served as state governors. Each biographical entry contains the following information: date of birth, birthplace, education, elective political office, political party positions, appointive governmental posts at all levels, group activities, nongovernmental positions and professions, relatives, mentors and important friends, military experience, unusual career activities, and published biographical sources.
Another unique feature of the directory is appendixes with complete lists of the names and dates of cabinet members, supreme court justices, senators, deputies, selected ambassadors, and party leaders.
- A Note to the Reader
- How to Use This Book
- How Persons Were Selected for Inclusion
- Abbreviations or Terms Used in the Text
- Source Abbreviations
- The Biographies
- A. Supreme Court Justices, 1884–1934
- B. Senators, 1884–1934
- C. Federal Deputies, 1884–1934
- D. Directors of Federal Departments and Agencies, 1884–1934
- E. Ambassadors to Cuba, France, the Soviet Union, United Kingdom, and the United States, 1900–1934
- F. Governors, 1884–1934
- G. National Executive Committees of the National Revolutionary Party, 1929–1935
- H. Presidents of Mexico, 1884–1934
- Bibliographic Essay